WINTER CANYONING in warm thermal canyon of Thues
Pyrénées-Orientales, Conflent, Thues-les-bains
Winter canyoning in warm thermal canyon of Thues
Water thermal tempered along the descent
WARM THERMAL CANYON OF THUES
Located in the Valley of the Conflent, near Thuès-les-bains and Olette, the canyon of hot water is unique. It is the only canyon fed by a hot spring that allows you to practice the activity even under the snow. The water is temperate throughout the descent. A must to discover between skiing sessions.
Winter canyoning of warm water offers a beautiful descent in narrow gorges, in a tropical atmosphere, while verticality with a succession of progressive abseils up to 35 m. Several bowls of hot water enhance the course. There are also a few slides that punctuate this original canyoning.
Accessible to the greatest number, family, individual or group.
Location: in the heart of the Conflent, on the axis of the RN116, between Perpignan and the the Catalan Pyrenees ski resorts (about 30mn / 25km from Catalan Pyrenees ski resorts ; 1h /60km from Perpignan ; 2h40/256km from Montpellier).
- Little yellow train of Cerdagne (“canary train”)
- hiking in Conflent
- the medieval town of Villefranche-de-Conflent
Professional qualified Instructor guide, more than 15 years of experience in coaching and teaching
Specialist of outdoor & adventure activities: Canyoning, climbing, Via ferrata, hiking, mountain biking
in the Pyrénées-Orientales, South of France, Spain and abroad
Competence and good mood, to give the tone to your sporting adventures
warm thermal canyon of Thuès
Winter canyoning -warm thermal canyon of Thuès
Warm thermal canyon
An exclusive experience of winter canyoning in this warm thermal canyon trip
For whom ?
- Child from 12 years
DISCOUNT FOR GROUPS
- A camera waterproof available for the Group
- Possibility of video with Gopro camera on request
- All the equipment neoprene supplied
- Possibility of loan shoes
Technical specifications warm thermal canyon of Thuès
Warm thermal canyon of Thuès
An accessible canyon trip without having experience in canyoning
Beautiful descent in narrow gorges, tropical atmosphere, while verticality with a succession of abseils up to 35 m in the final. The difficulty of the waterfalls is progressive.
- Difficulty : INITIATION+
- Technique : 2/5
- playful : 4/5
- progress in the canyon : 1h30 - 2h about
- Approach : 15mn -path in ascent
- Return : 10mn
No jump in this canyon
Several easy slides 2 to 4 m on planes inclined.
A player slide in a basin
Most of the cascades crossing with abseils.
You initiate the abseiling technique initially. Abseils are easy with the abseil-slide technique.
Waterfalls of 5 to 35 m
The basins are small, no crossing swim.
Vidéo warm thermal canyon of Thuès
The rules and general guidelines for the CANYONING activity
- Health : good physical condition is necessary for the practice of the activity. The canyons have often walking approach and return with the difference. We should have no medical contraindications for canyoning(problem of back, joint, sensitivity to cold, medical treatment, asthma...). Canyoning is also not recommended for pregnant women.
- Namely, swim and immerse themselves : You shouldn't have apprehension to put his head under water, which often happens at the reception of the slides and jumps.
- Minimumage required : I tells you next canyons an average minimum age. It may vary in capacity and development of each child. But must be taken into account that the activity is challenging even for the introduction trip where the descent lasts about 2 hours. This requires a good physical strength and a good resistance to cold, which is often difficult before 10 years.
- Glasses and contact lenses Sunglasses: For the glasses, If you can do without, plan a retaining cord. If you have contact lenses Sunglasses, use disposable models because you could lose one after a jump or a slide. You can bring a spare pair.
- Limits / constraints of the hardware: The activity will be not accessible to more than 110kg and/or more than 2 m people.
- Equipment provided : I provide you for the specific material of canyoning activity(Isothermal wetsuit, helmet, harness with tails, socks neoprene, t-shirt lycra-neoprene for the sensitive of cold, if necessary gloves, collective drybag...)
- You must bring with you : a swimsuit, a towel, shoes of sport with a good footing for thewalking and closed on the front (trainers, hikking shoes... à proscrire: inappropriate sandals or shoes of sea/windsurfing). Plan also a bottle of water (solid plastic) gourde metal (risk of bumps with shock) and snacks (cookies, bars.. cereal), a pair of shoes to the back of the canyon.
- Possibility of shoes for the activity : If you don't have a proper footwear for canyoning, I can provide you with.
Free according to availability (french size of 36 to 47).
- Camera and video-camera: You can bring your camera only if it is waterproof . It is impossible to take no-waterproof camera, which do not guarantee total bags and shock tightness when they are thrown into the cascades. For type Gopro waterproof cameras, I have helmets with suitable support.
I give for group a waterproof camera. Pictures will be then send you Internet free of charge. On request, I can shoot with my Gopro camera the canyon trip. Any DVD costs will be your responsibility.
- Limits / constraints of the hardware :
For large people / busty / protruding belly / strong thighs it is important to indicate on the booking to adjust the selection of clothes that I can provide you with.
- Canyoning in Pyrénées-Orientales and Aude : The practice of the canyoning is regulated in the Pyrénées-Orientales and Aude. Outside the permitted year-round warm thermal canyon, the other canyons are allowed between April and October.
- The weather and the water level condition the feasibility of canyons. Some are passable as early as April/May, others from June to October.
- For safety, an output can be shifted or cancelled.
- The shown price is for individual registrationReduction is possible for families and groups based on the number of registrants.The french ANCV cheques are accepted.
- The rate includesthe supervision of the activity of canyoning with the loan of equipment(see hardware provided) off shoes.
- A prior reservation is required by phon or e-mail. During the summer it is better to book by phone for the outputs of the same week, the number of participants for each output is limited to 10 people for a canyon guide. If I am not reachable (because surely in activity), leave me a message on the answering machine, I would remind you as soon as possible.
- Number of persons minimum to ensure the activity : From 4 persons. If you are single, you will be integrated on an already programmed outing.
A supplement may be requested to organize a canyon with less than 4 people. Non-summer period, I can organize output on some half day from 2 people, canyons with supplement.
- For groups a 35% deposit may be requested. In the event of your cancellation less than 48 h before, the deposit will be retained. In case of cancellation of the guide for reason of safety(weather...), another date will be proposed to you, otherwise you will be reimbursed.
- Settlement mode you can adjust by cheques, cash or french ANCV cheques. Credit cards are not accepted
- For each canyon After validation of your booking, schedule and a specific appointment location you will be communicated to find themselves (roadbook + info GPS). It is generally a well to find parking.
Indeed, the canyons being distributed throughout the Department, it is much more convenient to meet near the location of practice to make you come to Tautavel to my information-place to then leave the place of activity.
registration and gift voucher
Warm thermal canyon of Thuès
Buy one or more gift vouchers online, for you or beneficiaries.
You will receive directly by mail coupons to print
Contact me then to fix together a date for the activity
(gift vouchers are valid on one year -
- 13 April 2016 by Thierry, in Non classéWinter Canyoning: this winter get warm in the canyon of Thues-les-bains O...READ MORE +