Via ferrata in Fenouilledes
The via ferrata in Fenouilledes, one ride like no other…
Near Saint-Paul-de-Fenouillet and not far from the Quéribus and Peyrepertuse castles of Cathar Country, the Via Ferrata of Fenouilledes is a blend of adapted climbing trails secured with safety railings and an aerial park.
Along a pathway of turns and ridges, the trail goes right up to the summit for a 360° panoramic view of Cathar Country and the Pyrenees. Several suspension bridges pepper the way for a few moments of adrenalin.
Three different routes are offered:
– The “Discovery” route, for beginners, allows a first-time approach for families, for children and for “la pichona”, or beginners – it takes about 2 hours and is open to those aged 9 and over.
– The intermediate route: a bit more athletic than the beginners’ level, with a rope bridge. Thrilling but very accessible – it takes about 2 hours and is open to those aged 12 and over (required height >1.30 meters)
– The panoramic athlete’s route: designed only for the most intrepid. This is the long route with suspended bridges. The route takes longer to complete and overlooks the valley from a height of 200 meters. 2 rope bridges and an impressive panoramic Himalayan bridge – it takes about 4 hours to complete and is open to those aged 12 years and over (required height >1.30 meters).
– Supervision by Thierry R, your professional guide-monitor
– Labelled Quality Sud de France/Quality tourism
– Photos or a Gopro video of your hike are available
Activity takes about half a day.