CANYONING in Pyrenees-Orientales (66)
and Aude, Destination Sud de France
Pyrenees-Orientales (66) offer us a range of exceptional canyons [/ h3a] of real treasures in their setting of nature. Thirty identified canyons, I offers you a selection to offer you sensations and emotions in the most beautiful canyons of the Pyrenees-Orientales and Aude (levels introduction to sports) to discover individually, with your family, friends… framed by a qualified experienced canyon guide by following his advice.
Canyoning (not to be confused with rafting) is a sporting activity of nature which is to descend a river walk, usually in gorges or “canyon” in overcoming all obstacles following appropriate methods: jump in deep basins, slip-slide or abseils with at rope in the waterfalls, swimming in the diversion bays, etc. You’re dressed (e) an isothermal wetsuit and helmet, shoes, a harness for callbacks.
The quality of a canyon trip is determined on the basis of the beauty of the place, of its playful appearance (number of players passages allowing jumps, slides…) its difficulty and its technicality.
Hugely popular destination for canyoning,
Activity, as much fun as is, requires discipline and experience to fully enjoy these aquatic delights: natural slides, waterfalls, jumps, abseils…
The Department of Pyrenees-Orientales conceals a multitude of canyons among the most beautiful in France, with some unique in Europe, in the various sectors: massif of Canigou, Conflent, Vallespir Albères, Corbières…
The location in the South of France, Languedoc-Roussillon, Pyrenees-Orientales makes us enjoy a Mediterranean climate clement, ideal for canyoning from spring until autumn sweets in October. The canyons of the Pyrenees-Orientales are mainly located in 3 separate areas between mountain, medium-mountains and countryside which allows to choose a course tailored to the season. The canyon of warm thermal water is passable even in winter.
Professional qualified Instructor guide, more than 15 years of experience in coaching and teaching
Specialist of outdoor & adventure activities: Canyoning, climbing, Via ferrata, hiking, mountain biking
in the Pyrénées-Orientales, South of France, Spain and abroad
Competence and good mood, to give the tone to your sporting adventures
Canyoning in Pyrenees-Orientales (66)
SabléO : Mountains, Déserts... and on Earth
Séjour Randonnée et Qi Gong sur la Grande Canarierandonnée et Qi Gong
Stage escalade Siurana-Margalefstage escalade
Canyon gourg des Anellescanyoning intermédiaire
Stage escalade Vingrau-Tautavelstage escalade
Séjour rando sur la Grande Canarierandonnée grande canarie
Escalade Pyrénées-Orientalesséance escalade coaching
Canyon d’eau chaudecanyoning hivernal
Canyoning in Pyrénées-Orientales : different canyon trips offered
INITIATION INTRODUCTIONCANYON GORGES OF GALAMUS
Playful and multi-purpose quintessential canyonideal in family, or to get to the canyoning group
a beautiful trip consisting of a succession of basins and pools, slides and jums easy, never required.
Gorges are narrowing progressively, leaving us evolve between 2 cliffs of more than 100 m each side.
It really the canyon for fun and discover the activity without apprehension. No abseils with rope, jumps up to 7 m (non-mandatory).
- activity half day
- from 10 years
- PRICE individual 38€
INITIATION +CANYONS OF ALBERES AND CORBIERES
All the ingredients for an introduction to canyoningfor starting the activity and learn the techniques of strings
easy canyon trip but where you initiate theabseil with rope, jumps in the basins, slides...
I offers several canyons near Céret for their ideal characteristics, as well as a canyon in the Corbières (Aude)
Real affordable by all sensations
- activity half day
- from 10 years
- PRICE individual 40€
WARM THERMAL CANYONWARM THERMAL CANYON OF THUES
Water thermal tempered along the descentan exclusive winter canyoning experience
the originality of this canyon, it is that it is powered by a hot spring. In fact, you can do it even in winter.
Beautiful canyon trip in narrow gorges, tropical atmosphere, while verticality with a succession of abseils up to 35 m.
Accessible to the greatest number in family. Discover between 2 sessions of ski
- activity half day
- from 12 years
- PRICE individual 45€
INTERMEDIATE SPORTINGCANYON GOURG DES ANELLES
The jewel of the Albèresvery playful with his bit extra of techniqueshalf-day relaxation near the beaches
to enjoy the activity while staying on a canyon trip accessible to all: through magnificent gorges carved into gneiss, this canyon offers a descent full of sensations with beautiful abseils up to 25 m, easy jumps up to 8 m (non-mandatory) in the middle of a succession of basins, water slides and waterfalls.
A good compromise before the sports Adrenalin canyon trip.
- activity half day
- from 12 years
- PRICE individual 49€
ADRENALIN SPORTINGCANYON OF LLECH
A must have for the Department, unique in EuropeFor those who are not afraid of anything and for the regulars of sports activities
An exceptional canyon trip with all the ingredients for extreme aquatic sensations: big jumps, giant slides, abseils watered under waterfalls...
First canyoning experience is recommended; it is necessary to feel at ease for abseiling.
Is a very playful and intense canyon with waterfalls which will follow one behind the other.
- activity all day
- from 14 years
- PRICE individual 59€
ADVENTURE SPORTINGCANYON OF GORGES DU CADY
A large canyon in the heart of the Grand Site Canigólove of wilderness sports
nestled in the mountains, some canyons offer longer and more wild trips. The Cady gorges offers exceptional descent on the blanks of the Canigou.
There are all playful aspects (jumps, abseils, slides...) with this little more adventure and spirit mountain.
First canyoning experience is strongly recommended
- activity full day
- from 16 years
- PRICE individual 80€
The rules and general guidelines for the CANYONING activity
- Health : good physical condition is necessary for the practice of the activity. The canyons have often walking approach and return with the difference. We should have no medical contraindications for canyoning(problem of back, joint, sensitivity to cold, medical treatment, asthma...). Canyoning is also not recommended for pregnant women.
- Namely, swim and immerse themselves : You shouldn't have apprehension to put his head under water, which often happens at the reception of the slides and jumps.
- Minimumage required : I tells you next canyons an average minimum age. It may vary in capacity and development of each child. But must be taken into account that the activity is challenging even for the introduction trip where the descent lasts about 2 hours. This requires a good physical strength and a good resistance to cold, which is often difficult before 10 years.
- Glasses and contact lenses Sunglasses: For the glasses, If you can do without, plan a retaining cord. If you have contact lenses Sunglasses, use disposable models because you could lose one after a jump or a slide. You can bring a spare pair.
- Limits / constraints of the hardware: The activity will be not accessible to more than 110kg and/or more than 2 m people.
- Equipment provided : I provide you for the specific material of canyoning activity(Isothermal wetsuit, helmet, harness with tails, socks neoprene, t-shirt lycra-neoprene for the sensitive of cold, if necessary gloves, collective drybag...)
- You must bring with you : a swimsuit, a towel, shoes of sport with a good footing for thewalking and closed on the front (trainers, hikking shoes... à proscrire: inappropriate sandals or shoes of sea/windsurfing). Plan also a bottle of water (solid plastic) gourde metal (risk of bumps with shock) and snacks (cookies, bars.. cereal), a pair of shoes to the back of the canyon.
- Possibility of shoes for the activity : If you don't have a proper footwear for canyoning, I can provide you with.
Free according to availability (french size of 36 to 47).
- Camera and video-camera: You can bring your camera only if it is waterproof . It is impossible to take no-waterproof camera, which do not guarantee total bags and shock tightness when they are thrown into the cascades. For type Gopro waterproof cameras, I have helmets with suitable support.
I give for group a waterproof camera. Pictures will be then send you Internet free of charge. On request, I can shoot with my Gopro camera the canyon trip. Any DVD costs will be your responsibility.
- Limits / constraints of the hardware :
For large people / busty / protruding belly / strong thighs it is important to indicate on the booking to adjust the selection of clothes that I can provide you with.
- Canyoning in Pyrénées-Orientales and Aude : The practice of the canyoning is regulated in the Pyrénées-Orientales and Aude. Outside the permitted year-round warm thermal canyon, the other canyons are allowed between April and October.
- The weather and the water level condition the feasibility of canyons. Some are passable as early as April/May, others from June to October.
- For safety, an output can be shifted or cancelled.
- The shown price is for individual registrationReduction is possible for families and groups based on the number of registrants.The french ANCV cheques are accepted.
- The rate includesthe supervision of the activity of canyoning with the loan of equipment(see hardware provided) off shoes.
- A prior reservation is required by phon or e-mail. During the summer it is better to book by phone for the outputs of the same week, the number of participants for each output is limited to 10 people for a canyon guide. If I am not reachable (because surely in activity), leave me a message on the answering machine, I would remind you as soon as possible.
- Number of persons minimum to ensure the activity : From 4 persons. If you are single, you will be integrated on an already programmed outing.
A supplement may be requested to organize a canyon with less than 4 people. Non-summer period, I can organize output on some half day from 2 people, canyons with supplement.
- For groups a 35% deposit may be requested. In the event of your cancellation less than 48 h before, the deposit will be retained. In case of cancellation of the guide for reason of safety(weather...), another date will be proposed to you, otherwise you will be reimbursed.
- Settlement mode you can adjust by cheques, cash or french ANCV cheques. Credit cards are not accepted
- For each canyon After validation of your booking, schedule and a specific appointment location you will be communicated to find themselves (roadbook + info GPS). It is generally a well to find parking.
Indeed, the canyons being distributed throughout the Department, it is much more convenient to meet near the location of practice to make you come to Tautavel to my information-place to then leave the place of activity.
- 13 April 2016 by Thierry, in Non classéWinter Canyoning: this winter get warm in the canyon of Thues-les-bains O...READ MORE +